Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Help! How much does house paint damage cost?

My friend crashed a car recently and needs to pay $500 to fix it. He does not have the money to do so, so suddenly he is trying to get me to pay for it (out of total of 3 liable people). I am considering making an offer of a third of the paint cost or $170(which I will decide) to pay for the "damage." Question is, how much does it cost to remove a few scuffs off the wall. They are about 3-6 inches long, just dark marks. Possibly shoe polish. It wont wash off but I know it could be painted over. My question is, how much do you suppose it would cost to fix something like that.





Near the bottom of a wall, there are a few scuffs, 3-6 inches long, that wont wash off. The paint originally used seems very cheap and faded. These scuffs repeat on 2 other walls, but are very minor. I need an estimate, if anyone could offer. Thank you!

Help! How much does house paint damage cost?
Figure about $25 per spot if there is a lot of small spots. Any painter should use this formula and the spots should be relatively easy to fix using KILZ sealer and touchup paint, unless it is impossible to match the paint. In that case it could be very costly should you need to paint whole walls or rooms.



small business

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


shoe polish © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting